In this blog, you will learn digital marketing channels and digital media types, the importance of defining content marketing goals, tracking the performance of your content marketing efforts, digital marketing strategies, history of digital marketing.
Types Of Media In Digital Marketing
Paid Media – Your paid media will make up everything that you, well, pay for. This will include channels like Google AdWords, Facebook paid ads, and display marketing.
Owned Media – Your owned media will encompass channels like your website, your list of customers that you use to send out emails, and a blog that has an active readership.
Earned Media – Earned media is the world of organic press. Your social media accounts, mentions on other blogs, and articles written about you make up the channels within earned media.
And all of these channels overlap, just as a user will overlap as they interact with each. And together, these make up the foundation of online marketing. So, at the end of the day, online marketing is the process of putting your business front and center along the journey your customer takes.
Defining Digital Marketing Goals
Defining digital marketing goals is important because it helps you structure your content marketing team, plan measuring metrics for your results, and quantify them, helps you forecast your results and define and measure success.
It is important to define goals and success. Ask yourself some fundamental questions.
- What is it that you want to achieve?
- How would you know you have achieved it?
- Can you quantify success and measure it?
- What measuring metric would you use to measure success?
Defining Tracking Solutions
It is very important to measure the performance of your digital marketing efforts. You can track digital marketing goals in your marketing automation platform. Google, Adobe and other analytics solutions, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool, Content Management System (CMS) tool, and social media channels.
Once you have document your goals, it is important to revise and
re-visit them. You should discuss the goals with content and customer-facing teams. Present the goals to stakeholders and bosses. Schedule a weekly performance review and fix accountability.
Digital Marketing Strategy
Once the goals have been defined, they need to be aligned with the strategy. There are three distinct digital marketing strategies that share a common goal. There’s a need to have a dedicated digital marketing strategy that results in a strong return on investment. Because online marketing is so broad, it’s easier to look at your strategy as three distinct strategies that all share a common goal. These strategies cover your Business, your Customer, and your Marketing. Now we’ll dig deeper into each of these. And my goal is to help you develop a cohesive online content marketing strategy. And to do that, you’ll need to have a:
- Business Plan – Understand the plan for your business at a high level.
- Market Perception – How you intend to be perceived by your market.
- Target Market – What that market actually is?
- Digital Technology Usage – How your customers are using digital technology?
- Channels – And what channels you’ll build into?
Having a clear and well thought out strategy keeps you focused. And it serves as your road map as you explore new marketing channels. Now there isn’t a one size fits all solution here, every business needs to create its own strategy. If you’re selling sports goods online, the plan would be much different than that of a Fashion brand. Your strategy would vary, but the effort and focus are always to create a shared value. Shared value is when the goals of your customers overlap with goals of your business. The entire marketing strategy should be made with shared value in mind.
Once you have in place your business and customer strategies, you can sit and work out your digital marketing strategy. You can conclude from business strategy and customer strategy, that there’s a definite pattern. Each strategy builds on a previous strategy and gets keeping refined and specific.
In the customer strategy we created for corporate communications, one of the business goals was to increase global reach by creating digital apps for annual reports and corporate brochures. So now we’ll focus on developing a digital marketing strategy to accomplish the same goal as relates to this customer segment. From there, we’re going to look at channels we intend to market on, and then develop a marketing idea for each of those marketing media available to us – Paid, Earned, Owned
Marketing Strategy: Individual marketing plans, each customized and tailored for goals for each audience segment we specify.
Audience: The audience we’ve narrowed down on, and would be targeting.
Channels: It refers to channels we would be using to market on so as to reach our customers.
Marketing Media: Paid, Earned, Owned
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification