Analytics is the data you collect on your website. The data you collect on your website will determine the success of your digital marketing campaign. The data you collect on your website, your campaigns and your social media efforts will determine the overall health and success of your digital marketing.
Data we get from Analytics is used to:
- Improve experience
- Find new opportunities
- Discontinue failing ideas
Data is like a map. Without it, you are as good as lost.
There are a number of tools available that help in understanding both, the qualitative and quantitative results of our campaign. We can track the current performance, and also forecast and project the future trends of our digital marketing efforts using these tools. By reviewing your analytics, you will get a clear picture on how your users(owned media) found your website, whether or not they are finding what they want, and if your advertising objectives are driving relevant traffic and good results.
With resources like Google Analytics and Adobe’s Omniture SiteCatalyst, we can install a tracking code on every page of our website. From there, we’ll have a goldmine of data to leverage, segment, and co-relate.
Check out Irine Digital Factory’s website. Each page has been co-related with the help of Google Analytics.
Paid Analytics are typically tied to a reporting platform provided by the tool you are using to run those ads. This data is extremely useful as it gives granular details on which ads are working, what targeting makes sense and more. But, you should at the same time, try to track as much data as you can in another tracking tool independent of that provider. This way you can check the accuracy and evaluate things from a different perspective. The final part of the measurement comes from Earned Media. Measuring earned media is typically a little difficult. Here, the outcomes are not necessarily decided by your spent, but how interesting the user thinks your products and services are.
You can study the behavior of your social media fans. How they comment, mention and interact on tweets about your products. Thy number of times your YouTube videos have been viewed.
The best way to measure results with earned media is to have your own goals and objectives that you can measure against. For example, if you decide 20,000 Facebook fans would increase your revenue potential by Rs. 5,000, then you can track how you’re approaching that goal and plan efforts accordingly.
More often than not, the way your platform data reports conversions is different than how you report them. And this works by installing a small pixel on your conversion page which informs the platform that a sale happened.
So if you have an advertisement on Facebook driving traffic to your Landing Page, you want to use campaign tracking tags or Goal Tracking in Google Analytics and the Facebook Advertising Dashboard simultaneously. This way you can make a comparison between data, identify any discrepancies and test if your conversion pixel is actually working.
Too often we forget that genius, too, depends upon the data within its reach, that even Archimedes could not have devised Edison’s inventions.” Ernest Dimnet
Brace yourself with mock tests and preparation kits from experts of Irine Digital Factory. Clear CS0-001: CompTIA CSA+ Cybersecurity Analyst, IBM PureData System for Analytics v7.1 C2090-560, ISTQB ISEB – BH0-01 Foundations of IBM Big Data & Analytics and more.
Enhance your professional career by enrolling in these affluent Corporate Training by experts from Irine Digital Factory
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification