Video Marketing is a relatively new component of digital marketing. It involves creating short video clips using readily available content that can be sourced from product literature, brand publicity and marketing guides, scripts, best practices guides and whitepapers, articles, etc., for promoting your band or service, and placing it on video hosting and sharing sites like YouTube and Vimeo for distribution and monetization.
A well described YouTube video can appear in Google and other search results, driving another good opportunity for your brand to be discovered.
The inner child that keeps on giving
Evian’s babies are giants across the digital marketing landscape. Danone’s luxury water brand earned its first taste of viral immortality with 2009’s “Roller Babies,” which featured CGI infants tackling extreme roller-skating stunts. One of the first YouTube-exclusive campaigns by a major brand, the clip earned a spot in the Guinness World Records as the most viewed online Ad ever, with more than 25 million views in less than two months.
Evian has continued to nurture the concept of CGI-aided babies performing outlandish stunts: “Baby Inside” followed in 2011, and in April 2013 the company went back to the well for “Baby and Me,” which features adult actors who bear an uncanny resemblance to the tiny stars. “Baby and Me” notched 50 million YouTube views and 100 million total views within a matter of weeks, bolstered by a dedicated Facebook page, a sweepstake to promote the Ad and other promotional tools.
Real women, real rewards
Dove’s “Real Beauty Sketches” campaign is the new face of viral marketing success. The uplifting promotional video generated record-breaking online interest, yielding more than 114 million views the first month. This was thanks in part to the Unilever brand’s efforts to spread its message worldwide: Dove uploaded the video in 25 languages to 33 of its official YouTube channels, reaching consumers in more than 110 countries.
“Real Beauty Sketches” struck a chord with consumers, generating close to 3.8 million shares in its first month online and adding 15,000 new subscribers to Dove’s YouTube channel over the following two months. Its impact spread across traditional media as well, resulting in an onslaught of print features, broadcast news segments and online discussions, not to mention more than a dozen parody videos. In June 2013 Dove and agency partner, Ogilvy and Mather Brasil took home the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity’s highest honor, the Titanium Grand Prix, solidifying “Real Beauty Sketches” as the viral campaign against which others are judged.
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification