- Remarketing lets you show ads to people who have visited your site or used your mobile app before.
- It is an easy entry point in the world of display marketing and reminds users to re-engage with your site by targeting them with customized and high-performance ads.
- It helps you recover lost traffic.
Whether you’re looking to drive sales activity, increase registrations, or promote awareness of your brand, remarketing can be a strategic component of your advertising. It can drive return on investment (ROI) for all types of advertisers.
Google Tag Manager is a free tool that makes it easy for marketers to add and update site tags — including conversion tracking, site analytics, remarketing, and more—with just a few clicks, and without needing to edit your site code.
As you scale up the digital marketing efforts, you may need to install pixels, tracking scripts, social media tags, analytics dashboards, and what have you. If you’re not a developer, managing all these tags and updating your site frequently can be a daunting task, to say the least.
This is where Google Tag Manager comes as a support system. It is just one script that you need to add to your script. That script then acts as a container. It will automatically update to include tags directly that you add from the tag manager dashboard. So you only need to modify your code one time.
It is a super simple process.
- Go to tagmanager.google.com to create an account (or to access an existing account). Pick a name for this account. We’re going to name it Irine Digital Factory Pvt. Ltd. Here, you can also use your domain name if you want.
- Click on Next
- Now, you need to create a container. The container is going to hold all the tags for the site. Choose a name you can easily identify with. Since you are creating a container for complete site, you will choose the domain name here.
- Specify if you would be using the container on Web, iOS or Android.
- Click on Create
- Accept the terms of the agreement
- The container is set up. Copy the code and install it on each page of the site.
You need to paste the Google Tag Manager code on every page of your site. In Adobe Muse, you can do this by simply pasting the code on the Master page, and since all other pages are based on it, the code will be applied to them as well.
It is very important that you remove all other tags such as Google AdWords and Google Analytics tags from your site at this stage, and just paste the GTM tag. Your will copy these tags from your site, go back to GTM and paste these tags there. Then you will paste GTM tag only on your site.
GTM tag will take care of all the tags you’ve used on your site, and other tags you would be using in future. Having multiple tags on a site can cause duplication of data.
Now, you will be embedding the Google Analytics code in GTM. But before that, you need to copy your Google Analytics Tracking ID
You will now be specifying your Google Analytics tag in GTM. For this, you need to copy the Google Analytics Tracking Code
- In the Google Analytics, select Admin
2.From the Properties column, select Tracking Code
- Copy the Tracking Code. You would need the Google Analytics Tracking Code in GTM
- In the Fire On option, select All Pages. Basically, here you can choose which page’s analytics matters more to us, and is of high priority. GTM will pull in the analytics data from that page first, and then other pages. In this case, all the pages are equally important to us, so you have chosen All Pages.
- Click on Create Tag
Before your embed Google AdWords tag code in GTM, you need to copy its Conversion ID
1.Go to Google AdWords
2.From the left side, select Shared Library > Audiences
3.Click on Set up remarketing
4.Click on View AdWords tag for websites
5.Copy Conversion ID (only the number)
Once you have all the tags listed in this container and are ready to have them published to your site, you need to publish it. Click on the Publish option in the upper right side.
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification