- Remarketing lets you show ads to people who have visited your site or used your mobile app before.
- It is an easy entry point in the world of display marketing and reminds users to re-engage with your site by targeting them with customized and high-performance ads.
- It helps you recover lost traffic.
- You do this by adding a special tracking code to your site, that you get from Google AdWords.
Reasons to use remarketing
Whether you’re looking to drive sales activity, increase registrations, or promote awareness of your brand, remarketing can be a strategic component of your advertising. It can drive return on investment (ROI) for all types of advertisers.
- Reach people when they’re most likely to buy: You have the option to reach people after they’ve visited your site or used your mobile app. This could be when they’re searching for your product, visiting other websites, and using other mobile apps. AdWords remarketing provides timely touch points to drive your customers to your site and app when they’re most engaged.
- Lists tailored to your advertising goals: Customize your remarketing lists to achieve specific advertising goals. For example, you can create a “Shopping cart abandoners” list to show ads to the people who added something to their shopping cart but didn’t complete a transaction.
- Large-scale reach: You can reach people on your remarketing lists as they use Google search and browse over 2 million websites and mobile apps that are part of the Google Display Network.
- Efficient pricing: You can create high-performance remarketing campaigns with automated bid strategies like target CPA and ROAS. Real-time bidding calculates the optimal bid for the person viewing your Ad, helping you win the Ad auction with the best possible price. There’s no extra cost to use Google’s auction.
- Easy Ad creation: Produce multiple texts, image, and video ads for free with Ad gallery. With dynamic remarketing campaigns, you can create dynamic ads which pair your feed with Ad gallery layouts, scaling beautiful ads across your entire set of products or services.
- Visibility over where your ads appear: You will have visibility into how your campaigns are performing, where your ads are showing, and what price you’re paying.
Ways to Remarket with Google:
- Standard remarketing.
- Dynamic remarketing.
- Remarketing for mobile apps.
- Remarketing lists for search ads.
- Video remarketing
Overview of how to Remarket using Google:
- Add the remarketing tag to your site or app:
- Visit Google AdWords.
- From the left side, choose Shared library > Audiences.
- Select Setup remarketing under site visitors.
- Select Setup remarketing again.
- Select View AdWords tag for websites.
- Copy the AdWords Tag code and paste it on each page of your site.
- Create remarketing lists (if you have one ready).
- Build remarketing campaigns that use your lists.
Create remarketing lists
After you’ve tagged your site or app, you will create remarketing lists.
For example, you can create a remarketing list for visitors to your most popular product category page. The remarketing tag tells AdWords to save visitors to your “Popular category list.” When people visit that page, their cookie
ID is added to the remarketing list.
If you’ve got a Google Tag Manager setup on your site, you can also use that to install this code. Add this code to the pages on your site that have traffic, and you want to remarket to.
From here, you can build an Ad that is custom and just of people on this list, and target them in a new way.
Now, these remarketing messages won’t be shown to people who are on this list. So after you’ve added this tag to your site, you need to create a new Ad group, and then in the Choose how to target your ads section, select the second option of – Interests and remarketing. From here, you can choose from the marketing list if you have one created.
Even if you don’t intend to use remarketing, it is still advisable to add a tag to your site so you do have that list of customers for your perusal anytime you need.
1.Create remarketing lists (if you have one ready)
2.Build remarketing campaigns that use your lists
For further information:-
Enroll for Digital marketing Master Course from Irine Digital Factory.