In this blog, you will learn about to prioritize topics for content marketing, develop content arcs, align content with the funnel, type of content that would drive engagement.
Prioritizing Topics For Content Creation
It is essential to align content writing with business goals and priorities. You can prioritize content on the basis of Current and new markets, Branding initiatives, Advertising initiatives, Thought leadership, Target audience, Current industry trends, SEO priorities, Competitive research, In-house requirements.
Mapping Content With Funnel
Once the content arcs have been developed, they need to be aligned with the funnel. This is done to serve right content for lead nurturing to prospects. This can be done by defining:
- Top of the funnel (TOFU) – It represents the uppermost portion of the funnel aimed at attracting prospects and leads, and having them trade their information in exchange for informative content.
- Middle of a funnel (MOFU) – It represents the middle portion of the funnel aimed at aligning prospects needs for relevant products, understands their readiness to buy, and move them closer to purchase.
- Bottom of the funnel (BOFU) – It represents the bottom portion of the funnel aimed at fully qualifying and closing your most interested leads and prospects by persuading them to purchase from you.
What Type Of Content To Post?
The type of content you should be posting to drive engagement depends upon the look and feel of your brand, the topic of the content, goals of the content, proposed channels of content marketing.Blog posts are effective in driving engagement because blog posts are short pieces of text content you can post regularly on your company blog. There is no cap on word limit. They support single and multiple contributors. They are like online journals used for information delivery. Popular blogging platforms support rich media. Popular blogging platforms offer support for sharing of blog posts across social media and by email. It is a one to many modes of conversation. The communication style is usually informal, conversational and direct.
- Webinars are effective in driving engagement because they are online seminars with support for audio-video. They are a good alternative to traditional seminars, as participants can attend from the comfort of their home. They are an excellent way of establishing thought leadership. They include advanced features like support for open and personal chat, polls, surveys, slide decks, discussion boards, dynamic links, archival saving, screen and application sharing. They can be attended by many people at a time, and offer support for having multiple hosts, administrators, and moderators. Materials such as handouts and presentation are downloadable and can be printed or kept as reference files. Links can take participants to dynamic real-world examples.
- eBooks, workbooks and visual slide decks are effective in driving engagement because eBooks are a mid-to-long-length electronic document that can be displayed, read and consumed on computer screens and hand-held devices. They can include research papers, product manuals, how to guides, and thought leadership. They are typically between 30-60 pages. Workbooks are actionable templates that need to be downloaded by prospects. They are an excellent medium for sales enablement. Workbooks contain questions like fill in the blanks, checklist, tables and are used to educate the prospects. Visual slide decks present information in a highly engaging graphical format and can be embedded and shared using platforms like LinkedIn SlideShare.
- Case studies, success stories, and reports are effective in driving engagement because case studies and success stories are detailed insights of how customers used your products and services, and benefitted from them. Case studies and success stories help prospects reaffirm their decision to buy from you. They are an excellent touch point for communicating with users exhibiting buying behavior. Reports are statistical data-driven insights, surveys, and projections related with your industry, that you collect and share as a comprehensive document in form of an eBook with your prospects. They contain a strong point of views. Sharing of industry-specific reports can establish you as the thought leader.
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification