Increasing brand reach through paid advertising on Facebook
Facebook offers many advertising objectives to help you reach your business goals. After you decide what you want to achieve with your Facebook ads, you can create ads with that advertising objective.
When creating ads on Facebook, be specific to target the audience who are most likely to buy from you. You should make use of buyer personas to create ads. Here’s how you can create targeted adverts for the people who’ll love your business:
- Location – Reach your customers in the areas where they live or where they do business with you. Target adverts by country, county/region, postcode or even the area around your business.
- Demographics – The customers your business serves are on Facebook. Choose the audiences that should see your adverts by age, gender, interests and even the languages they speak.
- Interests – When people are interested in your business, they’re more likely to take action on your advert. Choose from hundreds of categories such as music, films, sport, games, shopping and so much more to help you find just the right people.
- Behaviors – You know your customers best, and you can find them based on the things they do – such as shopping behavior, the type of phone they use or if they’re looking to buy a car or house.
- Connections – Reach the people who like your Page or your app – and reach their friends, too. It’s an easy way to find even more people who may be interested in your business.
- Partner Categories – Partner Categories are targeting options provided by third-party data partners. With Partner Categories, you can reach people based on offline behaviors people take outside Facebook, such as owning a home, being in the market for a new van or being a loyal purchaser of a specific brand or product.
- Custom Audiences – Custom Audiences help you find your existing customers from all the people who are on Facebook. You can create a Custom Audience using a customer contact list, your website traffic or activity in your app.
- Lookalike Audiences – Lookalike Audiences let you find more people who are similar to your best customers. It’s a great way to use the insights you’ve gained from your Facebook marketing to find more people who’ll love your products and services.
- You’re always in control, as you define the budget and audience – At Facebook, multiple advertisers compete to win the same prospects having a presence on Facebook. When you run an ad, you’re taking part in Facebook’s ad auction. You’ll specify a budget for your ad, which is the total amount you want to spend on the ad. Then you’ll specify a bid – the amount you’re willing to pay to have customers see your advert and click on it or take some other action.With Facebook, it’s easy to stay within your budget. If you want to pay a specific amount per day, such as ₹100, just choose “Per day” in the Budget option and enter your budget amount. Facebook will never charge you more than that amount for each day your advert runs.*You can also set a lifetime budget for your advert. Facebook will run your advert continuously until your budget amount is reached or your advert end date arrives. Note: Your daily budget resets at midnight each day
Facebook optimizes ads to reach people more likely to take action – With optimized bidding, Facebook automatically bids for you making sure it stays within your chosen budget and serves your ad to people who are more likely to take action.
For example, if you run an ad to increase views of your website, Facebook will serve your ad to people who are more likely to visit your website. Also, Facebook will always bid at the lowest possible price. You always have an option to specify your own bid price as well, and Facebook will suggest a bid range based on the audience you want to reach.
Note: Optimised bidding is also called oCPM (Optimised Cost per Mille).
You can edit your budget or stop them at any time – You can adjust your ad budget or bid amount at any time in Adverts Manager. You can also put a cap or spending limit on your account. Just set an amount for your maximum budget, and all your ads pause automatically when you reach the limit. Your card (or any other payment method) isn’t charged until you’re ready to run ads again.
Paid Advertising: Awareness Ads
Reach people more likely to pay attention to your ads and increase awareness of your brand. The brand awareness objective is a way for advertisers to show ads to people who are more likely to pay attention to them. From analyzing hundreds of brand campaigns we’ve found that the longer someone spends with an ad, the more likely they are to remember it.
- Brand Awareness Ads – The brand awareness objective is a way for advertisers to show ads to people who are more likely to pay attention to them. The longer someone spends with an ad, the more likely they are to remember it.
- Local Awareness Ads – Target local audience and prospects with local awareness ads on Facebook.
- Reach Ads – Create Ads targeting the maximum number of people in your audience.
Measuring Success – Facebook provides you with different tools to get data-driven insights and analyze the performance of ongoing marketing initiatives and paid ad campaigns. You can measure the success of your ads on Facebook by:
- Page Insights
- Adverts Reporting
- Offline conversions
Facebook Page Insights – It lets you improve the way you market to and reach the people who like your Page. Page Insights show:
- How many people like your Page and the number of new likes.
- How many people have seen your Page and your posts?
- How many people have clicked, liked, commented on or shared your Page or posts?
Adverts Reporting – It lets you analyze the performance of your Facebook Adverts. Some key features of Adverts Reporting are:
- It presents a dashboard that displays the type of advert you’re running, the schedule and the amount you’ve spent on your advert.
- It presents a view of how many people have seen your advert and engaged with it.
- It shows you how to fine-tune your advert, including editing advert copy and images so you can improve your advert based on its performance.
Offline conversions – It allows you to connect your database such as a CRM software or point-of-sale systems to your Facebook advert account to report on your customers who have seen your advert and made a purchase in your shops, over the phone or through deferred payment methods. With offline conversions, you can:
- Measure how your Facebook campaign is contributing to sales, wherever they happen.
- Get demographic insights about people who purchase.
- Tailor your campaign to drive future results once you have the full picture of conversions.
Power Adverts – Power Editor is a tool for advertisers who operate at scale and need precise control of their adverts, advert sets and campaigns. Some of the key features of Power Editor are:
- Powerful search and filters
- Create and edit multiple adverts quickly
- A working space for creating, editing and managing adverts
Facebook Business Manager – Business Manager allows advertisers to manage all of their advert accounts, Pages, apps and permissions in one place. Business Manager lets you:
- Work with others, control access
- Add and claim assets
- Create adverts your way
- Complete visibility
You may also be interested in reading:
- Social Media Marketing with Facebook
- Google Search Advertising
- Google Display Advertising
- Social Media Marketing with Twitter
- Mobile Advertising
- Performing Keyword Analysis
- Pay Per Click Advertising
- Remarketing & Retargeting with Google AdWords
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk – Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification