Mobile users have eclipsed desktop users for surfing the web, checking emails, ordering products and services. They provide easy and on the motion information to people. People are connected online while multitasking at home and workplace. Online searches being made from mobile and handheld devices is set to eclipse desktop devices. Commuting and on the move, users look for easily accessible information like business location, opening and closing hours, contact details like phone numbers and email when they search. Mobile users want easy user experience and navigation, so they don’t have to spend much time finding the information they want. Multi-tasking users need content that catches their attention, is engaging and highly relevant and informative.
The steps to create a mobile-friendly website are as follows:
- Device attributes – Devices and medium your website would be viewed through.
- Design of your website – Would your website render properly and offer consistent user experience across devices and browsers.
- Content – Check content or copy of your website. It should not be too text heavy, contain natural keywords.
- Development – The website must be responsive and bug-free.
- Dynamic Content Detection – Serve dynamic content to users basis the user agent sent through the browser.
- Separate website – Create a separate website with different URL for mobile users. Focus on engaging content and good page speed.
- Switchboard Tags – Embed switchboard tags on desktop and mobile websites. They work like Canonical URLs.
Your brand must cater to the local audience:
- Search – Your website should be optimized for SEO.
- Listings – Your business should show up in local listings.
Local advertising – Your Ads should be optimized basis local conditions of your audience.
You can improve the page load speed of your website by:
- Reducing the size of the image and video files.
- Using simple minified code and avoiding complex scripts.
- Staying away from Adobe Flash.
- Enabling and using caching to enhance performance.
- Auditing your website using Google PageSpeed Insights.
- User forms with a readable font size.
Best practices for enhancing content on mobile devices are:
- Optimizing titles and meta descriptions.
- Using H1, H2 tags for headlines and sub-headlines.
- Proper lay-outing.
- Link building.
- Using keywords.
Successful SEO is not about tricking Google. It’s about PARTNERING with Google to provide the best search results for Google’s users.
Brace yourself with mock tests and preparation kits from experts of Irine Digital Factory. Clear SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification, SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam, Foundations of IBM Big Data & Analytics and more.
Enroll for Digital Marketing Courses and upstart your career with a bang
Enhance your professional career by enrolling in these affluent Corporate Training by experts from Irine Digital Factory