Before you understand how you can best use social media to promote your brand and achieve your business objectives, it is important to understand how marketing worked in past.
- Direct interaction with a salesperson.
- Mass advertising, PR, tradeshows, and print media.
- Direct mail and cold calling.
- SEO, PPC and email marketing.
- Whitepapers and webinars.
What is SMM?
- A new style of communication.
- Billions of conversations online.
SMM is also about:
- Creating interactive moments with customers.
- Achieving defined goals.
- Driving traffic to Social Media sites.
- Getting attention for Social Media brand.
- Get customers to spread the word.
Value of SMM for your brand:
Engage with customers.
- Identify the good or bad.
- See what they share or do not share.
- Customers become your advocate.
- Receive positive feedback and reviews.
- Ignite word of mouth marketing.
- Gain exposure to friends of friends.
SMM – done right
- Potential to transform your business.
SMM – done wrong
- Unwanted negative attention to your brand and business.
Social Media is a DIY market intelligence. It lets you:
- Discover insights
You should prepare your company for social media success by asking yourself these fundamental questions:
1. Can you analyze your data?
2. Do you have the required resources and time?
3. Have you penciled out your budget?
4. Have you clearly defined your social marketing goals?
5. Do you have quality content in the pipeline to engage prospects?
6. Do you know the websites and apps your prospects like?
7. Is your website prepared to handle all the social media attention?
8. Have you incorporated social media in the buying process?
9. Have you incorporated social media in your ad campaigns?
10. Who are your targeted prospects or customer segment?
Golden rules of SMM you should keep in mind.
- Chill out.
- The customer is the king.
- Map customer pain points.
- Create content to answer customer pain points.
- Connect with customers.
- Brand promotion.
- Exhibit thought leadership.
- Inbound is not enough, increase reach with paid advertising.
- Entice with solid offers.
Before you kick-start your SMM efforts, you must pay attention to what not to do. Some pitfalls to be avoided in SMM are:
- Don’t be shy of expanding presence on social media.
- Don’t dive unless you are ready for social media.
- Don’t invest on all social websites at once. Not all the social websites guarantee success.
- Don’t brag. Be factual.
- Don’t discontinue social media if ROI is challenging to start with. Give it some time.
- Don’t use social media for advertising alone. Exhibit thought leadership.
- Don’t relax after creating brand pages. Engage with prospects.
This course will take you from social zero to social hero using our proactive and practical approach. It is arguably one the most comprehensive online courses of social media; giving learners a great grounding and skill set to enter the world of social media.
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification