- Online and offline marketing channels and tactics.
- Understand why every channel is different.
- How to select the right channel to promote your brand.
- About the demographics of social media marketing channels.
Online And Offline Marketing Channels
Content marketing helps you tell your brand story and market your brand through online and offline channels. Print and digital marketing channels you can market content.
Some of the most popular content marketing tactics you can use to target prospects through these channels are:
Selecting A Right Channel
You should select your primary digital marketing channel by keeping in mind:
- The available resources
- What medium would be most viable
- What medium would communicate the brand narrative and message most effectively
- What medium your audience is most active on
- The finding of your digital marketing research
Twitter is an important digital marketing medium because:
- It allows sharing time-sensitive information immediately with followers.
- It provides the best access to celebrities, news, and brands.
- Customers share ideas and feedback as barter for insider information.
- Customers follow brands for promotions, freebies, and discounts.
- It allows utilizing follower networks through retweets.
- It allows tapping too early adopters for viral marketing.
- It is excellent for word of mouth marketing and brand advocacy.
- It offers excellent support for the lead generation.
LinkedIn is an important digital marketing medium because:
- It is the most affluent network of working professionals.
- It provides excellent scope for B2B marketing.
- It supports targeting audience at a granular level through advance Boolean search and paid to advertise.
- It helps develop segmented networks through connections.
- It provides an excellent platform for highly relevant discussions through groups.
- It is one of the best platforms to establish thought leadership.
- It supports integration for rich media including presentations, images, videos, schedule, blog and business cards.
- It has in-built mini CRM.
Pinterest is an important digital marketing medium because:
- It is ideal for sharing highly visual images and infographics.
- It supports publishing graphical content directly from blogs.
- It allows people to re-pin your images on their boards, and increase your organic reach and visibility.
- It allows creating lists that people can use as ideas and republish on their Pinterest board, site or blog and give you the credit.
- It helps you understand what motivates people and niche networks.
- It allows creating content for other people to use and consume, and in the process, establish yourself as a thought leader.
Instagram is an important digital marketing medium because:
- It is ideal for sharing highly visual images of products.
- It helps you edit and manipulate images.
- It is ideal for a sneak peek and behind the scenes posts.
- It encourages customer engagement and participation.
- It helps you build a distinct winning personality for your business.
- It keeps your name in conversation.
- It is ideal for promoting events using hashtags.
- It allows you to shorten the sales cycle.
Forums are important digital marketing medium because:
- They are a source of high-value information and niche content.
- Forums attract high traffic mostly comprising of a niche audience.
- They are an excellent source for creative inspiration and help you identify ideas and topics for your content.
- They help you brainstorm issues and pain points with SME’s.
- They don’t require registration to access and consume information.
- They establish you as thought leader basis your contribution by giving you expert status.
- They help in SEO.
Social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, Pinterest and G+ all have thousands of customers waiting for you to explore.
This course will take you from social zero to social hero using our proactive and practical approach.