LinkedIn is more than just a job seeking site. And even though it is a social media site, it is very different than Facebook. You will be taking a look at how to establish your audience on LinkedIn, find and engage with exactly the right prospects, candidates and partners.
It helps you deliver the right content, to right people, and boost quality leads. It helps you engage with professionals from your domain. It also helps in building a brand, by driving awareness, shaping perception, and developing relationships. It also helps to convert target prospects into leads and customers, by targeting them with relevant content and ads.
You will examine how to establish your corporate or business presence with company and showcase pages. And how to meaningfully engage with your new audience, to grow your visibility, personal or company brand.
LinkedIn can be a great way to promote your home business. Here are a few reasons why:
- LinkedIn is the world’s largest social network for working and business professionals.
- LinkedIn is a network with 300 million business professionals around the world.
- The average LinkedIn member has an average annual household income of $109,000.
- One person creates a LinkedIn login every second.
- Nearly 50% of LinkedIn members have decision-making authority for their companies.
It is easy to see why LinkedIn is considered the world’s largest audience of influential, affluent professionals in one place.
LinkedIn has experienced explosive growth in recent years by adding capabilities that entice marketers from virtually every industry; connecting them with a multitude of audiences. LinkedIn has expanded its solution beyond a hiring and networking platform to include robust company pages, a highly targeted advertising solution, and a publishing platform. With these additions, LinkedIn is now the way to reach an audience with a business mindset.
A strong LinkedIn presence comes from leveraging different aspects of the social network. Here are the areas that you will want to pay specific attention to and how to get started:
D.Company Career Page
A.Company Profile Page – Though LinkedIn company pages have been around ever since, approximately only 1% of companies on LinkedIn have created one. There are just over 3 million company pages for 300+ million users on LinkedIn.
According to LinkedIn’s own survey, more than 50% of their users agree that they are more likely to buy from a company they engage with on LinkedIn. 80% of LinkedIn members want to connect with companies because those connections provide them opportunities to enhance their professional decision making. LinkedIn company pages establish credibility and are Google search friendly.
You can provide a steady stream of content for your Company page followers to consistently engage them. As an industry practice, some of the best-in-class content marketers publish one to three updates on their Company or Showcase Pages every day.
Company Page can not only help position your brand on LinkedIn but also to realize following objectives:
Brand Awareness – Build relationships with your prospects by getting your brand’s word out and actively engaging with and replying to followers’ comments.
Lead Generation – Prospects engage with 10 pieces of content before making a purchase decision. Drive higher quality leads by featuring a good mix of the upper funnel and lower funnel content, including whitepapers, eBooks and case studies.
Thought Leadership – 74% of prospects choose the company that was first to help them along their buyer’s journey. Share perspectives on industry news and trends, helpful product how-to’s and articles which reflect your company’s vision.
Event Registration – Promote upcoming webinars and events your company is attending and/or sponsoring.
Brand Presence: Company Page
- Move your cursor over Interests at the top of your homepage and select Companies.
- Click Create button in the Create a Company Page section on the right.
- Enter your company’s official name, your work email address and click Continue.
- Enter your company information and click Publish.
A company showcase page is an extension of your company page that is designed to highlight specific products or services. Showcase pages are especially helpful when your business has multiple solutions with different types of fans and followers. For example, PayPal could have a showcase page that highlights their merchant solution (targeted at business owners and sellers of goods) versus the payment tool that they have for consumers.
Having these segments allows fans to follow the parts of your business that relate to them.
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification