Google aims at displaying results that are highly relevant and related to queries and keywords people search on Google. This is applicable for both, organic results and paid listings.
Relevant results on Google’s SERP is a win-win situation for all – Google, advertisers, and users. If Google displays results that are relevant, advertisers find prospects exhibiting buying behavior, and people find products and services they are looking for in form of organic and paid results.
Google decides the ranking of listings in paid auctions on the basis of the bid amount and quality score. A higher bid amount does not guarantee best rankings on Google SERP. It must be backed up with the good quality score of the Ad. The Ad that has the best combination of bid and quality score with the AdWords auction is displayed on top of other paid listing on Google SERP.
Factors that determine the Quality Score of your Ad are:
- Expected click-through rate (CTR) of the ad – Engagement in form of the number of clicks your ad unit would receive according to Google.
- The relevance of the Ad content – The content or language used in the ads must be aligned and related to the search query. It should include keywords as well.
- Ad extensions used to enhance the Ads – You can enhance your ads using ad extensions like reviews and prices. This also improves the quality score of your ads.
The performance of the ad depends upon a quality score of the ad. The quality score of the ad is determined by:
- Ad text
- Landing pages
Develop a quality score sheet for Ads. Make sure to include the Ad copy, search keywords for ad, and landing page the ad would direct to. The quality score is calculated on a scale of 1-10. It should be close to 10.
Establish a paid ad calendar, and make sure to map and align it with editorial calendar.
Brace yourself with mock tests and preparation kits from experts of Irine Digital Factory. Clear SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification, SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam, Foundations of IBM Big Data & Analytics and more.
Enroll for Digital Marketing Courses and upstart your career with a bang
Enhance your professional career by enrolling in these affluent Corporate Trainings by experts from Irine Digital Factory
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification