In this blog you will learn about online research, performing qualitative and quantitative research, researching consumer demand and performing competitive research.
Before starting with digital marketing research, identify what you need to know about product, market, technology or competitor, and then select either of the following search methods:
- Quantitative research
- Qualitative research
Quantitative research includes:
- Number of unique visitors per month
- Number of revisits per month
- Number of purchases per month
- Number of subscribers per month
- Number of app downloads per month
Qualitative research includes:
- Why and how users visit the website
- Why and how to revisit the website
- Why and how users purchase
- Why and how users subscribe
Researching Consumer Demand
Research keywords: Need help finding keywords to add to a new campaign? Or, maybe you want to find additional keywords to add to an existing campaign. You can search for keyword and ad groups ideas based on terms that are relevant to your product or service, your landing page, or different product categories.
Get historical statistics and traffic forecasts: Use statistics like search volume to help you decide which keywords to use for a new or existing campaign. Get forecasts, like predicted clicks and estimated conversions, to get an idea of how a list of keywords might perform for a given bid and budget. These forecasts can also help guide your decision on which bids and budgets to set.
It’s important to keep in mind that while Keyword Planner can provide some great keyword ideas and traffic forecasts, campaign performance depends on a variety of factors. For example, your bid, budget, product, and customer behavior in your industry can all influence the success of your campaigns. Once you have shortlisted your keywords, you can use several tools to look at the volume of those keywords and ideas. One such tool is the Google keyword tool and is available if you have an AdWords account.
Facebook is effective in measuring consumer demand because it helps identify consumer sentiment through reviews and comments being posted by consumers on relevant brand pages. It provides insights on trends and topics being discussed by people. It helps identify content and ventures people like and engage with.
Twitter is effective in measuring consumer demand because It helps identify consumer sentiment through reviews and comments being posted by consumers on relevant brands. It provides insights on trends and topics being discussed by people. It helps you identify the type of content people like and engage with.
LinkedIn is effective in measuring consumer demand because It helps identify consumer sentiment through reviews and comments being posted by them in relevant groups and on company pages. It provides insights on trends and topics being discussed by people through published posts and group discussions.
SEMrush is a web application that allows you to analyze the massive amount of data related to your site, and also your competitors. It’s a pro tool that takes your game to a new level. They have a free trial account, but the Basic Plan starts at $6995. Feel free to evaluate and make comparisons between different plan types, and select the one that best fits your requirements. You can also have a look as to how your competitors are doing in terms of search engine traffic. Visit http://www.SEMrush.com to take a look at competitive keywords and what traffic is coming to a competitors website. This is good for doing research. You can do a few searches for free, but it’s a paid service and requires a subscription for premium options.
Let us have a look at how it works.
Performing Competitive Research
You can perform competitive research using:
LinkedIn is effective for performing competitive research because it allows you to analyze thought leadership of rival brands by the type of content assets they post on company and showcase pages. It allows you to see what products and services rival brands are offering through their company and showcase pages. It allows you to understand the marketing approach of rival brands basis the type of campaigns they run. It allows you to understand where rival brands are hiring and employing from analyzing the demographics of their followers. It allows you to understand locations where rival brands are setting up their offices through their company and showcase pages.
Google AdWords is effective for performing competitive research because it helps you identify market competition in different countries and industries. It provides you with insights on how many people are searching for a particular search keyword or phrase per month. It suggests appropriate bid amount for keywords. Google search strings or Boolean search is effective for performing competitive research because it helps you identify and analyze the market competition. It helps you identify how many pages competitor website has.
Brace yourself with mock tests and preparation kits from experts of Irine Digital Factory. Clear SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification, SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam, Foundations of IBM Big Data & Analytics and more.
Enroll for Digital Marketing Courses and upstart your career with a bang
Enhance your professional career by enrolling in these affluent Corporate Training by experts from Irine Digital Factory
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification