Digital marketing encompasses all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and their websites to connect with current and prospective customers.
In this blog, you will learn about types of media in digital marketing, it’s integrated approach and components of digital marketing.
Types of media in digital marketing:
Your paid media will make up everything that you, well, pay for. This will include channels like Google AdWords, Facebook paid ads, LinkedIn paid ads and sponsored stories, Twitter ads, search and display marketing.
Earned media is the world of organic press. Your social media accounts, mentions on other blogs, and articles written about you make up the channels within earned media. It is a third party recommendation you get and adds to your brand goodwill.
Your owned media will encompass channels like your website, your list of customers that you use to send out emails, your social media pages, and a blog that has an active readership. Basically, it is everything you own online.
And all of these media overlap, just as a user will overlap as they interact with each. And together, these make up the foundation of digital marketing. So, at the end of the day, digital marketing is the process of putting your business front and center along the journey your customer takes.
Relevance Of Integrated Approach
Digital marketing strategy must be backed by an integrated approach. An integrated digital marketing approach taps all the types of digital media – paid, earned, and owned. Let us understand why an integrated approaching is important for the success of your digital marketing efforts. It has become utmost important to develop an integrated approach for digital marketing, now more than ever. Most of the brands are requiring the same resources with limited skills and expertise to do multiple tasks. An SEO expert may also be required to manage social media presence, paid to advertise, and also take care of their blog, website, email marketing campaigns, analytics and what not. Teams with specialization in one domain are being asked to multitask, and take charge of other domain as well. The specialties and key responsibility areas are being blurred out, and resources are expected and required to work across different digital marketing channels and technologies. They need to have sound knowledge of social media marketing, SEO, SEM, PPC, analytics, blogging, website management, email, and mobile marketing, etc.
This is where the necessity of having an integrated digital marketing approach and plan comes in. Since the digital marketing landscape is constantly evolving, and organizations have limited time and money to manage their online presence and achieve organizational goals, they require an approach that enables resources to manage paid, earned and owned media with ease.
If you are a digital marketing expert, and a customer raises a concern about your product on Facebook, you can’t just back out and direct them to get in touch with your customer support team. For your customers, if you work for a brand, you represent that brand, and they are not concerned with your designation or title in any manner. You are supposed to articulate the goals and objectives of the brand, and also responses to customers for different types of complaints they may have across social media. Your brand message should be clear, concise, consistent and integrated across emails, social media, website, blog, and other digital marketing channels. Evaluate and make sure your customers are receiving consistent messages. You need to approach digital marketing with a clear plan that everyone in your team understands, and has a predictable result.
In order to create a time and cost-effective digital marketing plan that can help you achieve your goals and objectives, you need to analyze and audit your resources. Let’s look upon to audit resources.
- Time management is essentially important when it comes to digital marketing. In order to effectively manage time.
- Budgeting is a critical aspect when it comes to digital marketing. In order to effectively manage money.
- Having a skilled resource is essential when it comes to digital marketing. In order to effectively utilize people
- Having a right blend of technology is essential when it comes to digital marketing.
- Having the right information and content to communicate is very important when it comes to digital marketing.
- Once all the available resources have been audited and analyzed, you need to ask yourself some fundamental questions in order to devise a cohesive digital marketing strategy
Once you have audited your available resources, you need to analyze and select correct channels for digital marketing. Let’s look upon to analyze correct channels for digital marketing. Online marketing or digital marketing essentially refers to promoting business online through a variety of channels. Some popular digital marketing channels are SEO, blogging, email, PPC, mobiles, links etc.
It is important to know how your digital marketing efforts are paying off. You can get a clear picture of your website or blog health, and get data-driven insights on users through analytics.
Analyze which channels drive maximum traffic, engagement and dwell time to your sites, where are the new and repeat customers coming from and which channel is leading to maximum bounce rate. Prioritize the channels as per the metrics that matter you the most.
Performing digital marketing research is essential before establishing a digital marketing strategy because:
- It helps you conduct research using easily available data left online by consumers and brands.
- It helps you conduct competitive research.
- It helps you analyze user behavior, and create buyer personas.
Once the digital marketing research is done, you must establish a viable medium or channel to reach out to prospects because:
- It helps you select the best platform to reach out to your audience.
- It helps in to communicate your message to your audience most effectively.
- It helps you save time and money.
Once the channel has been finalized, you must develop content to be published on it to attract prospects because:
- Content marketing helps you serve right content to the right audience.
- Multiple market players are competing over limited customers budget.
- Customer attention is distributed across channels and devices.
Content marketing is all about putting out content having ‘shock’, ‘interest’ and ‘remark’ value online. Content marketers aim at creating content that is so remarkable that mediums with greater media outreach like television and print and online media write about your content free of charge and is shared by people willingly.
Enroll for Digital Marketing Master Course at Irine Digital Factory.
For further information
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification