In this blog, you will learn about writing quality content, designing quality content, about editing, proofing, and quality checking your content, about content curation, about adapting to lean content marketing strategy.
Content Writing Guidelines
In order to write compelling content, it is important to take the assistance of in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME) and thought leaders. Once you reach out to them, make sure: To share all the questions that are relevant to content you are posting, To ask for answers to all the questions you have raised, To brainstorm answers with SME’s, and understand them, To take note of all the unanswered questions, and the research at your end to find their answers.
Defining content outline is important because it keeps the focus on the message and removes distractions, it helps you scan and memorize the content better, It makes it easy to discuss content with stakeholders.
Before posting the content online, you must create a draft copy of the content because it makes it easy to revise, re-visit, review and make edits to content. it helps you remove unnecessary extra bits of content and reduce word count, it provides you a close to final copy for vetting.
Running a quality check and buddy review of content is important because: It helps in finding out errors that your eyes may have missed, it ensures the content is free of any typos and grammatical errors. It ensures content is aligned with style-sheets and as per brand voice.
Design Guidelines: Once the content is approved by all stakeholders, it is handed over to the creative team for final designs. The creative team then creates design assets.
Quality Check And Edit Guidelines
Once the designing is finished, the second loop of quality check and edit should: Ensure there are no widows and orphans. Make sure there are no hyphens at the end of three consecutive lines. Make sure tracking does not exceed +10 or -10. Make sure to run Preflight before exporting the publication.
Content Curation And Repurposing
The process of finding information related to your topics online, and then re-purposing and sharing it with your personas. It is a great way of generating content without having to create it from scratch. People who re-purpose and curate content are called content curators. It is content created by others, which you refer to, make changes and edit, repurpose, and then share with your personas. It is in no way stealing of content as you do attribute the original source and give them due credit.
Adapting Lean Content
Most of the time, content marketers have limited time, resources, and budget to create content. With limited resources, it becomes difficult to regularly create quality content at a fast pace. A viable approach is to create smaller chunks of content like blogs posts, webinars, podcasts, whitepapers, social media posts and cheat sheets from one big piece of informative content like an eBook. This approach ensures the constant flow of relevant and good quality content all the time and establishes you as an active thought leader. Lean content creation comprises of content efforts, strategy and tactics that drive ROI using limited content and resources a marketer has. It is a way of scaling up content when you are resource constrained by leveraging content you already have. It is a way of doing more with less while reducing your investment on content.
This way, you establish multiple touch points with the audience through different types of content, all coming from a single source. It is a smart way of creating content as you manage it with limited time, budget and content resources. Create a content piece which has a lot of information and data, something like a guide or an eBook, with over 200-300 pages. Consider it as your main party dish, a family pizza.
Now extract different pieces of content on the basis of different topics covered from this eBook. You can use these pieces of informative content for creating webinars, blog posts, social media posts, white papers, cheat sheets, podcasts, etc. All these informative pieces of content can be assumed as pieces of pizza each of your family members has. Each piece of pizza represents a different type of content. Each family member represents a different type of pizza.
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification