Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 Certification Exam
What is Adobe Illustrator?
Adobe Illustrator is a professional quality graphic art program. Its applications are diverse, from creating a print to web graphics, posters and, for other purposes. Although the program is complex and requires a significant amount of time to truly master, it is quite easy to learn the basics and create work with a professional appearance.
Designing a poster does not require any special artistic talent or skills; it just requires having the patience to get acquainted with the program.
What are the benefits of Adobe Illustrator?
It works with virtually all systems.
You don’t have to answer the PC or Mac question. You can even be on an open source operating system. Adobe Illustrator works with virtually any computer as long as it isn’t more than 5-7 years old. Just connect to your Creative Cloud account, download the software, and you’re ready to rock your graphics.
It integrates very well with other Adobe products.
If you’re already using products like Flash or Photoshop, then you won’t believe how well Illustrator is going to work for you. Once you learn how to use this app, you’ll be able to create whatever your imagination is able to produce. There are so many new distortion effects and slicing options that you can do virtually anything.
It supports multiple page outputs.
When you’re working on a website, sometimes you need to work on multiple pages at once to get a feel of the complete design. AI allows you to do just that. Most other programs force you into a system which provides single page support only.
What are the prerequisites and eligibility criteria for this exam?
The following are typical tasks that you should already be able to perform:
- Create rough and finished designs for logos, icons, and other artwork, including managing the appearance
and isolation mode
- Trace scanned or photographed artwork in order to use it in the final artwork
- Create multiple comps for a given assignment
- Also, work with multiple artboards
- Navigate the Illustrator user interface and document window
- Create and use custom brushes
- Build and use patterns and symbols
- Also, Analyze and edit artwork built by another user
- Manage raster effects and settings
- Format and manipulate type
- Apply 3D effects to 2D objects
- Use Creative Cloud services
- Create and use the CC Libraries across documents and users
- Prepare documents for printing
- Export high-quality documents to be used in InDesign, Photoshop, Muse, Dreamweaver, or other
What does the exam topics may include?
Building Illustrator documents
• Customize the workspace
• Create artboards
• Save and export documents
• Edit paths
• Combine object
• Work with symbols
Managing and Transforming Objects
• Use rulers, grids, and guides
• Work with collections of objects
• Create and use layers
• Position multiple objects precisely
• Apply fills and strokes
• Work with Live Paint groups
• Also, work with brushes
• Work with transparency and blending modes
• And Create and use patterns
Working with Color
• Apply colors and swatches
• Work with Color Groups
• Adjust color
• Set Fill and Stroke overprint
Working with Type
• Work with text
• Set text on a path
• Work with fonts and special characters
• Format type
Applying Object Effects
• Mask objects
• Create and use appearance attributes
• Copy formatting between objects
Working with Placed Graphics
• Use Links Panel
• Use Image Trace
Working with Web Graphics
• Create Web graphics
• Set up documents for printing
Exam preparation checklist
• I have at least three years of experience with Illustrator.
• I am a graphic designer or an illustrator, with experience in conceptual design and creation of final artwork for
print and interactive output.
• Also, I can efficiently create 2D illustrations, text treatments, and precise vector layouts.
• I am familiar with tablet input devices, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
• I can complete the tasks outlined in the “Exam preparation” section without assistance.
• And have read and studied the topics listed in this exam guide
How much you will get the exam time limit?
The exam has two parts:
• 60 multiple-choice questions, covering a range of topics listed below
• A short survey that we use to gather information about your product experience
The exam has a time limit of 90 minutes and includes a timer to mark the remaining time.
All Adobe exams are reported on a scale of 300 to 700. The passing score for each exam is 550.
For More Details Visit-
To know more about, Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 Certification Exam.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 10
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 82
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self
Building Illustrator Documents 1
Managing and Transforming Objects 1
Working with Colour 1
Working with type 1
Applying Object Effects 1
Working with Placed Graphics 1
Working with Web Graphics 1
ILLUSTRATES MY OVERVIEW BETTER
Thanks to Irine for making me learn with Adobe Illustrator .It just made me easy to work with adobe Illustrator. Very much to the point knowledge given ,not that hard to understand .