Use Instagram for capturing event and office culture photos. You can also leverage the application to run contests and scavenger hunts. Let us look at how we can leverage business opportunities on Instagram by defining our SMM strategy.
- Identify existing customers – First thing you should be doing on Instagram is to find users who are already your customers. Make use of search functionality with the Instagram app to identify customers who use your products and avail your services. You can do this by the search for a product or industry-specific keywords, and identify users who use them.
- Analyze customer behavior – Try to understand customer behavior, intention, and sentiments by what they are sharing about your brand’s products and services, how they use it, what they feel. This helps you identify pain points and nuances people face using your products. Its also helps you narrow down on resonating features that are most likes and appreciated by your product users.
- Create buyer or customer personas – You should create a persona of your ideal customer on the basis of your digital marketing research and customer behavior. This will help you specifically target at a granular level the prospects that are most likely to buy from you.
Business Strategy: Curate
Curate – Before you begin snapping photos and engaging viewers, it’s up to you to create a plan to help you curate fans of your company. Ask questions like:
- What does your target audience want to see – Identify types of images that receive maximum traction amongst your targeted audience or customer segment? Identify the types of images that best resonates with your personas, and are highly popular.
- How can you get them to engage with your photos – Identify touch points that lead to high engagement and interaction from users? How can you solicit a like or share of your brand images?
- How can you make them brand advocates – What will it take to get users to talk about your brand, do word of mouth marketing, and promote it amongst their friends and connections on social media.
Consider the following objectives as you create your visual content:
- Feature products and services – It is utmost important that you feature photos of your products and services on Instagram. You want to inform and educate users about your brand, and what its best at. Try to feature all the products and services you provide with high-quality photos. Don’t forget to include all the relevant product information and description. The idea is to show users how your products and services add value to them, how they can benefit from it, and what sets you apart from other brands.
- Make it exclusive – Post images that can only be seen on Instagram.
- Make it visually engaging and catchy – Instagram users are savvy, creative, and know a lackluster photo when they see one. Don’t post a photo unless it has an aesthetic appeal.
- Make it personal – Post photos of your employees at work to give viewers and potential customers’ personal insight into the inner workings of your company. Viewers want to feel like they are part of something, and this inside glimpse works wonders.
Hashtag – The Instagram hashtag is a powerful feature to engage your viewers. Hashtags act as keywords providing a way for people to find photos through a simple search. Hashtags are especially useful as you seek to establish your brand as an industry leader and get more followers. Implement hashtags that are unique to your brand and industry, as well as hashtags that are popular keywords. And remember to use hashtags on all of your posts.
Just like you would communicate and engage with the right prospects on any other SMM platform, you must adapt to the same approach for Instagram. It provides you with an opportunity to make your brand look all the more humane, personal and caring to the right people. It gives your organization a personality and lets people know its made up of real people who value customers and really care for them.
Engagement with potential customers and sharing are the primary reasons to utilize a platform such as Instagram. Luckily, there are a variety of ways for B2B companies to do this:
- Events – Post photos of events you host for your current and potential clients
- Geolocation – Use the geolocation feature to provide yet another point of engagement with your viewers
- Gamification – Hold a contest for your audience. Have viewers submit photos, provide captions, or solve a puzzle about your photos.
By organizing contests and giveaways, you allow customers to market your brand for you. When your customers post Instagram photographs of your of themselves using your products and services in different creative ways, it positions your brand in front of their friends and relatives on social media. This increases your reach and visibility to a highly relevant referral market coming from social. Now you are reaching an audience that’s much bigger than your Instagram followers. This is an audience that follows all your customers across different SMM channels.
This way, your customers turn to brand advocates and do free marketing for you. This is a win-win situation for all. Where your brand gets all the traffic and attention it needs by the efforts of your customers, customers stand a chance to win a reward and are highly motivated and happy to promote your brand.
Instagram is not only an effective marketing tool but also a very handy competitive research platform. It helps to keep a tab on what your competitors are up to and what is their content marketing strategy.
- Search popular keywords – Search popular keywords driving traffic and attention to competitors.
- Visit competitors Instagram account – Visit competitors Instagram account and see what type of content they are sharing.
- Study reviews and comments – Go through reviews and comments posted for competitor’s products and services by their customers.
- Analyze – Analyze how you can improve your products and services and offer better experiences by not repeating the same mistakes your competitors make.
Online Courses you may be interested in:
- Digital Marketing Master Course
- Email Marketing Course
- Mobile Marketing Course
- Online Advertising Course
- Planning & Executing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Course
- Social Media Marketing Course
- Video Marketing Course
Certification Kits you may be interested in:
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Sales Mastery v2
- Google Adwords Video Advertising Certification Exam
- Moz SEO Expert Certification Course
- 70-778 Analyzing & Visualizing Data using Power BI
- Hubspot Email Marketing Certification Exam
- Google Shopping Advertising Certification
- Google Mobile Advertising Certification Exam
- SEMRush Social Media Marketing Certification Exam
- SEMRush PPC Exam Certification|| Get PPC Certified Now!
- SEMRush Content Marketing Course Certification
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Sales Certification Exam
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification Exam
- SEMRush Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- Google Display Advertising Certification Exam
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing Certification by Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
- ODesk â€“ Search Engine Optimization Certification Exam
- WooRank Certification Exam
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional Certification